Saturday, June 19, 2021
Welcome to my Health Saturday’s B.R.E.A.T.H.S. blog post. This space I have opened to discuss my lifelong battle with the genetic connective tissue disorder, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), type-3: hypermobility (HEDS). I started this health blog in May 2021 and described my lifelong difficulties with frequent falling, breaking bones, bruising easily, temperature control issues, subluxing/dislocating, and mental health issues associated with HEDS. There is no known cure for EDS, only ways to manage it, and depending on the type, it is most likely not going to be life-threatening.
Managing My Disability
Throughout the years, I have managed my HEDS with diet and exercise as I mentioned in last month’s blog. I also manage my mental health through strategies that I post on my Self-care Sunday’s B.R.E.A.T.H.S. blog posts. With the help of a combination of specialists such as my doctors, author’s self-help books (I review on my Reading Tuesday’s B.R.E.A.T.H.S. blog posts), and energy healers/lightworkers (booking special guest practitioners to discuss their art of healing), I am going to explore with you several tips on how to heal your own body on my Health Saturday’s B.R.E.A.T.H.S. blog posts.
The first week in June, I posted a list of 20 different naturopathic practices that I am going to explore with you on how you can interact with other specialists who can help you heal your body. Last week, I discussed how to heal your body and defend it against Covid-19 based on my experiences with Louise Hay’s book, “Heal Your Body.” This week, I am going to discuss the next book to help me ascend on my health journey, “The Energy Codes,” by Dr. Sue Morter. It was this book that introduced me to a variety of other healing practices that I will dive into the next several weeks.
What is Bioenergetics?
Bioenergetics is the study of energy transformation in living organisms and an alternative form of psychotherapy believed to aid in emotional healing through releasing bodily tension (Oxford Dictionary, 2021). Last year, I stumbled across another life changing book called, “The Energy Codes,” by Dr. Sue Morter, 2019. I had no idea about bioenergetics until I read the book, and was astounded to find a guide on how I could use my own body’s energy to heal itself by aligning my chakras through breathwork, meditations, yoga poses, music, colors, and work on pushing my energy draining ego aside to release my soulful, loving, and healing self.
“The Energy Codes” by Dr. Sue Morter, 2019
I picked up the Dr. Morter’s 2019 book “The Energy Codes: The 7-Step System to Awaken Your Spirit, Heal Your Body, and Live Your Best Life,” at the beginning of 2020. I was on a journey to heal my body from the inside out, and this book helped me to do that. There were several points in the book that helped me to look at my life from a different perspective. I will review the book at a later date, today, I will go over the three parts to the book, including the seven anchoring codes, my main takeaways, and explain the different types of healing practices involved with bioenergetics based on “The Energy Codes” by Morter (2019):
- Part I – A New Way of Seeing – The Quantum Flip
- We are energy
- We have two parts of our personality
- Ego – false self
- Life is happening to me
- Soulful – truthful self
- Life is happening for me
- We go through three stages in life
- 1 – Victimhood
- 2 – Self-help
- 3 – Creatorship
- We create our own life based on 5 Truths:
- 1 – Everything is energy
- 2 – Your life is a reflection of your energy
- 3 – You are the creator of your life
- 4 – Your creation – your life – is always expanding
- 5 – The purpose of your life is to discover your creatorship
- We are designed to heal as our energy flows in structured ways
- The Energy Man
- The Chakras
- 1 – Root
- 2 – Sacral
- 3 – Solar Plexus
- 4 – Heart
- 5 – Throat
- 6 – Third Eye
- 7 – Crown
- Breath – unifying the mind, body, and spirit
- Part II – A New Way of Being – The Energy Codes Program
- The Anchoring Code – Getting Back in Your Body
- The Feeling Code – The Language of the Soul
- The Clearing Code – The Healing Power of the Subconscious
- The Heart Code – The Universal Solvent
- The Breath Code – The Power of Life Itself
- The Chemistry Code – The Alchemy of Embodiment
- The Spirit Code – Where the Many Become One
- Part III – A New Way of Living – The Embodied Life
- Rebuilding our circuits one day at a time
- Changing our routines
- Practicing chakra breathwork
- Practicing yoga
- Practicing meditation
- Combining all routines
- Living on the front side as the soulful self
My Main Takeaways of “The Energy Codes”
- There was a lot of new information to take in about rewiring our brains to get out of the rat race where we are constantly living out of fear and in survival mode, basically living on autopilot with lots of pain and problems.
- We are all made of energy that allows us to create our own lives where we can choose to shift into the soulful self with several action steps taken one day at a time.
- “The Bus Stop Conversation,” was an eye-opening metaphor of how life plays out. Before we are born, we sit in heaven at a bus stop waiting to enter earth. God is sitting next to us and we design the life we expect to live while we are down there. We pick our birth/death dates, family members/strangers, friends/enemies, careers/job loss/retirement, and everything in between. We created our lives perfectly in every way to experience our unique life on earth. The only catch, we will not remember any of this conversation. Our gift is every present moment we have on this earth unfolding as we had planned it. Everything does happen for a reason, because we created it!
- I can tell I am in the self-help stage. I recall living in pain and as the victim for a very long time. I finally realized I did not want to live that way and started searching for ways to help me change my habits, routines, health, and get back on the journey of finding my life’s purpose, what I am to create. Then, I will be at the final creation stage.
- I understand now that I am energy, everything is energy, and I have the power to shift that energy. My energy is constantly expanding.
- The Energy Man identifies our energy fields (Morter, 2019). When our subconscious overloads with gunk, we are out of balance with our energy, we then experience pain and problems on our journeys in finding our purpose. When our energy fields are in sync, we are filled with energy from all around (we are one with the source, one energy), and have the ability to create anything we desire in fulfilling our purpose.
- The chakras have to do with our seven internal energy fields, and are aligned with different areas in our body, as well as work better when combined with other healing practices.
- The seven codes in the energy program go into detail on how to include other healing practices to create the bioenergetics system.
- The end of the book gave several tips on how to start getting into action and working on rewiring our mental circuits filled with years of gunk. I carry the book around with me, just like I did with Louise Hay’s book when I first was learning about healing my body. Every day, I take little steps at returning to my soulful self and finding my purpose in creatorship with my time left on earth.
- I now practice meditation daily, yoga poses for when I have pain or uneasiness in my body, proper nutrition, movement/exercise, wear certain colors depending on mood, listen to relaxing music and other healing sounds I will cover in future blog posts, get out in nature often, and work on ascending my health practices every day to continue to strengthen and heal by body, mind, and soul.
Healing Practices Involved with Bioenergetics, based on “The Energy Codes” by Morter (2019):
- Aligning chakras = location on the body + musical notes + colors + energy flow (see more details in the book):
- 1 – Root Chakra
- Located at the base of the spine
- Note C
- 2 – Sacral Chakra
- Located just below the navel
- Note D
- 3 – Solar Plexus Chakra
- Located at base of sternum
- Note E
- 4 – Heart Chakra
- Located in the center of the chest
- Note F
- 5 – Throat Chakra
- Located at the base of the neck
- Note G
- 6 – Third Eye Chakra
- Located just above and between the eyebrows
- Note A
- 7 – Crown Chakra
- Located at the top of the head
- Note B
- 1 – Root Chakra
- Building Better Circuits
- Creating daily routines (see more details in book)
- Morning scan (meditation)
- Evening gratitude (meditation)
- Ten minute Energy Code routine
- Central channel breathing
- Chakra breathwork
- Brain yoga
- Increasing to thirty minute Energy Code routine
- Combination of breathwork and meditation
- 7 Anchoring code practices (as listed above and detailed in Part II of the book)
- Breathwork (detailed in book)
- Yoga poses (detailed in book)
- Meditation Practices (detailed in book)
- Creating daily routines (see more details in book)
Although I did cover a lot about the energy codes, my takeaways, and several healing practices involved with bioenergetics, Dr. Sue Morter goes into great detail about how each of these codes, breathwork, poses, and practices can heal specific areas of the body. “The Energy Codes” (2019) book also explains the backside symptoms of having pains/diseases affecting our bodies, then gives us actions we can take to get to the frontside characteristics that will help us ascend into our soulful energetic selves. This book helped me to tap into my super powers to find my sources of creativity, healing, happiness, and love. I hope that this post inspires you to find your super powers!
Sending lots of love and healing energy,
Dr. Jaime Brainerd, Ed.D.
Reference: Mortar, S. (2019). The energy codes: The seven-step system to awaken your spirit, heal your body, and live your best life. Atria Paperback. New York, NY.
*Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and I am not giving any medical advice. My doctorate is in educational leadership and technology. I am a health enthusiast who feels that sharing health-related information I learn about myself might help others heal themselves as my mentors, teachers, practitioners, and favorite authors have taught me. If you have serious health conditions, please consult your primary care physician immediately.