Monday, August 9, 2021
G.A.L.S. Business Goal for August: Get Approved for 501c3
G.A.L.S. are going through the process of amending our IRS 1023 paperwork to be approved for 501c3 tax exempt status. Each day we will work closer to getting to our monthly goal. The next ten business days, G.A.L.S. will be building upon each of our ten municipal education systems, one for each day.
- College prep – prepare for college
- Community mentorship and internship – big and small business mentors in the community to work with youth (observation) and adults (internship) to build upon students’ intrinsic motivation by allowing them to choose different occupations to explore and try within their local area
- Disadvantaged and homeless support – provide general education and job training skills
- Cultural arts – integrate a variety of community arts and crafts such as local music, woodwork, glassblowing, jewelry making, basket weaving, quilting, beadwork, dance, martial arts, etc.
- Financial literacy – work with communities to plan for financial future
- Homeschool and home tutoring – guide families in creating at home learning environments
- Military – offer insight into different military programs
- Mindfulness – educates the community about compassion, nonviolence, emotional hygiene, meditation, and love
- Indigenous languages – preserve, teach, and learn local native languages
- Outdoor education – connecting local, state, and federal parks, gardens, trails, camping, shores, waterways, and nature preserves for community education on native plants and animals
G.A.L.S. Goal for the Next 10 Business Days
We now have the main goal for G.A.L.S. municipal education system and ten educational programs to build. In the next few weeks we will break down each program in detail for the IRS (2021):
- Specific activities we will conduct
- Where the activities will be conducted
- When or how often the activities occur
- How the activities further our exempt purpose
G.A.L.S. Goal for Day 1 – College Prep Program
Part of the online municipal education platform G.A.L.S. will include a space to promote college education and prepare individuals in the community for attending colleges and universities. Our goal is to help with the advancement of education for anyone, any age, to have college prep courses available at any time and from any place. G.A.L.S. will also be working closely with other educational programs.
Specific activities we will conduct – courses to prepare individuals for college such as: SAT, general math, general English, time management, study habits, financial aid, college application process, and technology skills
Where the activities will be conducted – available through our online platform and eventually work with communities for options of face-to-face and hybrid education, and we will also connect with schools and other educational nonprofits
When or how often the activities occur – flexible dates and times will be created to support the community
How the activities further our exempt purpose – help people in the community with advancement of education
Jaime Brainerd, E.d.D.